Purchasing - Quote, PR, PO, GR, and Check
Start to Finish
A Purchase Order (PO) MUST be issued prior to the actual purchase of and/or before any commitment can be made by the District. POs are generated AFTER a Purchase Requisition (PR) has been created and released by the appropriate Staff.
Below are steps to gathering information, keying the PR, PR Conversion to PO, entering the Goods Receipt (GR) after the goods/services are received, payment to the vendor and finally closing the PO.
If a PO isn't issued prior to the purchase,
the purchase will be considered an illegal purchase
and requires additional steps.
Before creating a PR, 4 elements are necessary:
- Vendor Number
- Available Budget
- Correct OCAS Coding
Download and save forms before completing.
1) Verify Vendor Info. (email questions to Purchasing)
- Primary Vendor Information - Review the Primary Vendor Information List to determine if OKCPS has a primary vendor for the goods/services that are being purchased.
- Verify vendor - Vendors are assigned numbers in SAP - look up the vendor number in SAP.
- Vendor Application - Send application to potential vendors if they aren't set up in SAP.
- Purchasing Assignments - Buyers are assigned to specific areas of purchasing. Check the link for more information.
2) Review Budget (email questions to Budget)
- Run a Budget Report to verify available funds.
- Budget Transfer Requests New* when funds aren't available for the correct code.
3) PR / PO Process (email question to Purchasing)
- OCAS Coding and Creating the Correct General Ledger Code - View the attached examples for assistance in coding items to the correct general ledger code.
- OCAS Mapping - Where do the numbers come from?
- Complete a Request for Purchase Order form. (This form can be used in the absence of any other attachments)
- Create a PR - Step by Step procedures to create a PR.
- Create a PRAF - Step by Step procedures to create a PRAF (School Activity Funds).
- Upload documents to a PR /PRAF - Provide quotes, travel approvals, and any other documentation to Purchasing by uploading required documents to the PR/PRAF.
- Review and Release PRs - How do you release a PR (PRAF)?
- Key MIGO -GR - After goods/services are received, apply the 'GR' and email the invoice/receipt to AP notifying them the item is ready to be paid.
- Key MIGO - Reverse GR - In the event the GR is entered incorrectly.
4) Checks (email question to Accounts Payable)
- 5 Steps to Processing Reimbursement
- Check Invoice Payment - Vendor questions about payment, date, amount, address; all those questions can be answered here
- Expense Reimbursement - Upon return from a trip, complete and submit the expense reimbursement form
- Mileage Reimbursement - Complete and submit regularly for work-related mileage reimbursement
5) PO / PR Review (email question to Purchasing)