Driving Attendance Car Giveaway Contest
Eligibility: Eligible students with "Perfect Attendance" within a nine weeks period will be eligible for the car giveaway, subject to the following: (1) Must be 16 years of age by the last day of the 2018-2019 school year with a valid driver’s license, (2) student must be enrolled on or before the first day of each nine-week period, (3) student must be enrolled until the last day of the 2018-2019 school year. (4) the student must attend a “brick and mortar” OKCPS High School. OKCPS Charter Schools are not eligible. Violations of the student code of conduct that result in the removal of a student from his/her instructional setting out of school suspension will cause the student to become ineligible.
"Perfect Attendance" within a nine weeks period is defined as:
No absences for any part of the day that the student is scheduled to be in attendance at school with the exception of documented school business or school-related activities. Each high school will be responsible for verifying the names of students who qualify for perfect attendance at the end of each nine weeks using Infinite Campus.
- Perfect attendance 1st nine weeks through 4th nine weeks
- 1 opportunity per every 9 weeks period
- 1st nine weeks, August 1st - Sept. 28th
- 2nd nine weeks, October 1st - December 14th
- 3rd nine weeks, January 3rd - March 8th
- 4th nine weeks, March 25th - May 10th
- Perfect Attendance for all four 9 weeks earns 1 additional opportunity
- Total possible opportunities per student: 5
- The 10 finalists will be drawn randomly from across all OKCPS high schools
The Oklahoma City Public School District (OKCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, alienage, veteran, parental, family and marital status in its programs and activities, or in its employment decisions, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.
“Excused Absences” Students with excused absences will be eligible to participate if they have proper documentation. Documentation is subject to verification. Excused absences include:
- Medical- must have doctor’s note
- Funeral - immediate family member only
- School sponsored activity
- Court appearance - Student must be directly involved (Plaintiff, Defendant, Witness)
*The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools and Hudiburg will provide funding for all cost associated with tag, title, and tax.
**All 9th-12th grade students with perfect attendance will be recognized throughout the year, but only students who are will be 16 years old by the last day of the 2018-2019 school year with a valid driver’s license will be eligible to win.