OU Health Telehealth School Program for Students
Kids Shouldn't Have to Miss School. You Shouldn't Have to Miss Work.
Virtual Medical Examinations for Students Through Oklahoma Children's Hospital OU Health
OKCPS has partnered with Oklahoma Children’s Hospital pediatricians to provide care to students* at schools** through telehealth.
- If a child is sick at school or needs to see a doctor, the school nurse can request a telehealth visit, connecting with pediatricians at Oklahoma Children’s Hospital for a virtual examination.
- The child can be examined, diagnosed and treated through this technology.
- If the child needs a prescription, the clinician will send in the request to the family's preferred pharmacy.
- Parents are welcome to join the telehealth call but it is not required.
*Please note: families interested in having telehealth available for their students must fill out the required consent forms.
**The program is only available at select schools.
Students at the following schools are eligible for Telehealth services upon completing the required forms:
- Eugene Field Elementary
- Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary
- Thelma Parks Elementary
- Wilson Elementary
- F.D. Moon Middle School
- Douglass High School
A school telehealth visit is a way for your child to be seen by an Oklahoma Children’s Hospital
pediatrician while at school without leaving to go to a clinic, hospital, or urgent care. The pediatrician can remotely hear your child’s heart sounds and look into your child’s ears during the virtual exam, with the assistance of the school nurse.
To enroll, please sign the consent forms in the school telehealth enrollment packet. A parent/guardian’s signature is required on these forms before your child can use the school telehealth program.
Insurance will be billed. Most insurance plans cover all or most of the costs for telehealth visits. No child will be refused treatment due to inability to pay. For those without insurance, grant funding will help cover the cost of care.
If the pediatrician determines a prescription is necessary, they will send it to the family's preferred pharmacy listed on the participation form. Not all visits will result in a prescription.