Welcome to Career Academies
Through an investment of time and resources by schools, students, businesses, and community leaders who believe young people deserve an equitable education, career academies can increase engagement and enhance the educational experiences of high school students. Career academies motivate OKCPS students to graduate not only from high school, but on to become citizens, leaders, innovators, designers, and advocates of the future because we care about the quality of education and opportunities available to young people.
Career Academy Goals
- Increase enrollment in career academies
- Increase student graduation rate
- Increase student attendance rate
- Encourage students of the academy to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Provide opportunities for students to take advanced coursework: AP & Concurrent Enrollment.
- Provide clear transitions to high school & to post-secondary training opportunities.