OKCPS is excited to announce “Routes to Resources”, a mobile resource program for our students and families. Routes to Resources will function in two ways. One way allows staff to use our school buses to visit students in the community to provide resources or serve families. The second way involves district staff staged on the bus in a park or other location in the community. This will allow families to visit the bus if they are in need of assistance.
Interested in learning more about how you may support Routes to Resources? Please contact Sara Lynn Sadorra, Community Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Come to Us
Resources available could inlcude:
- Access to a Social Worker, Student Assistance Counselor, School Nurse or Attendance Advocate
- Library Books
- Device / Tech Assistance
- HOPE Program
We Come to You
Each school in the district will have buses available to them on a daily basis that will allow our staff to come into the community to serve families.
Resources available include, but are not limited to:
- Face-to-face check-ins outside a student’s home
- Learning material distribution or drop off
- Assistance with devices or troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Delivery of food or other supplies
- Pick-up and/or delivery of library books, band or athletic equipment/uniforms etc.
In addition, our staff will have the ability to provide social/emotional support to students and families who need it.