Now is a great time to come to Oklahoma City Public Schools!
There have been many changes and improvements made over the last two years as OKCPS renewed our commitment to quality educational programs and educational equity for all students.
Changes and improvements include, but are not limited to:
- 1:1 Technology for every student grades PK -12th including a device and, if needed, Internet access for 21st century learning. Seniors keep their devices when they graduate.
- Increased Student Supports expanded access to physical, mental, social, and behavioral health resources made possible by District partnerships with area health care agencies, Greater OKC Chamber of Commerce, Foundation for OKCPS, United Way of Central Oklahoma, and the City of OKC and increased numbers of school nurses, social workers, and elementary counselors to support our students and their families.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) Centers at all elementary schools for hands-on learning to grow students’ creativity and problem-solving skills, and full science labs at all of our high schools.
- Art, Music & Physical Education for all PK-12 students and expanded opportunities in the arts, sports, and extracurricular clubs and activities for grades 5th through 12th.
- e3 Virtual Learning full-time online learning enrollment through an OKCPS school with opportunities for in-person involvement in classes such as the arts, sports, and curricular programs, as well as extracurricular activities.
- High School Career Academies & Career and Technical Education for high schoolers to build career knowledge and leadership skills across fields such as entrepreneurship, culinary arts, finance, fine arts, health, technology, hospitality, law, and education.
- Concurrent Enrollment in Post-secondary Courses for OKCPS juniors and seniors to earn college and/or technology center credits toward college degrees and professional certifications during high school.
- Innovative Transformation Schools focused on building strong leadership, instructional infrastructures, differentiated support and accountability, and talent management. Four elementary schools were identified for the 2020 school year and two elementary and two middle schools added in 2021.
We continue to enroll for this school year and enrollment for 2021-22 begins June 1. We have a centralized transfer process and would love your family to join the OKCPS family.
To learn more about our many amazing opportunities for families and students, please visit www.okcps.org or call our Registration Office at (405) 587-0435.
Please consider OKCPS, we would love to have you!