AGE REQUIREMENTS TO ENROLL IN PUBLIC SCHOOL:
On or before September 1st of the school year the child is enrolling for, the student must be age 4 to enroll in PK, age 5 to enroll in K, and may be ages 6-21 to enroll in grades 1-12.
IN ADDITION TO THE ENROLLMENT FORMS, PARENTS OR GUARDIANS MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BIRTH VERIFICATION
Parents/guardians of children new to the district will be asked to provide an official copy of the birth certificate for school files. Although an official birth certificate is preferred, in the absence of a birth certificate, the principal may accept other documentation that shows the child’s name and date of birth such as:
- An attending physician’s certificate
- Permanent school records
- Family bills (shows student’s date of birth)
- Last year’s attendance register or other official scholastic record
- Baptismal certificate
- Passport Life
- Insurance policy
The principal may also allow the parent/guardian a reasonable length of time to obtain proof of birth (parent contacts the department of health from the student’s birth city). In such a case, the principal will be responsible for dismissing the student at the end of the grace period unless proof of birth is presented. If the principal denies enrollment due to the absence of proof of birth, the parent may appeal to the site director.
Birth Verrification Help
Oklahoma Vital Records now provides a "Will Call" service for online and phone orders for birth and death records. After choosing the "Will Call" option during the order, applicants will receive a confirmation email when their record is ready for in-person pickup at one of the three Vital Records locations throughout the state (listed below):
Online and phone orders will have a turnaround time of approximately two (2) business days. Mail-in orders will also continue to be accepted with a turnaround time of about 10 weeks. Learn more at https://oklahoma.gov/health/birth-and-death-certificates.html.
2. IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
Requirements are listed on the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s website. Contact your regular doctor or the OK State Department of Health for locations to obtain immunizations your child may still need.
3. TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
May include the following, but not limited to:
- Proof of payment of local personal income or property taxes
- Title to residential property in the district, or a valid unexpired lease agreement, or current receipts for payment of rent on a district residence where the student lives
- Proof of current utilities (gas, water, or electric bills)
- A valid, photo ID of parent. Acceptable forms of ID includes: State Issued ID, Driver’s License, Matricula, or Passport. ID must have an expiration date and must be current.
- Voter registration