- Oklahoma City Public Schools
- 7/29/2020: Message from McDaniel - Learning Options, Enrollment Instructions & Transfer Information
Message from McDaniel - Learning Options, Enrollment Instructions & Transfer Information
OKCPS Families, Staff and Community,As we continue to prepare for the 2020-2021 school year, there are a few things we want to make sure you know!
The first day of school is August 31st and the school year will begin virtually due to the current status of the pandemic in our community.
OKCPS is offering two options for learning this fall.
- Option one is our Traditional Learning - Contingency Plan, being called Remote Learning. Simply put, this plan has OKCPS teachers bringing their classrooms to your students at home using technology. This option is teacher-driven and provides ongoing interaction between teacher and students in a small group online classroom setting using our learning management system coupled with assessments developed by OKCPS teachers.
- Our Remote Learning Plan will be reevaluated half way through the first 9 weeks of school to determine if continuing virtually is the best option for students or if we can safely transition into some type of in-person learning.
- Option two, called e3 Online Learning is a fully online option that allows students to work at their own pace, using the online learning platform called Florida Virtual (K-5) and Edgenuity (6-12). Pre-K curriculum will be created by a district team and provided through the SeeSaw platform. Students will have access to a teacher as a mentor, but this will primarily be self-led learning. Selecting this option requires a 9-week commitment for Pre-K - 8th grade and a semester-long commitment for 9th - 12th grade students.
- In order for families to select our e3 Online Learning option, they must opt in through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. The deadline to opt in to e3 Online learning is August 9th. Families who would like their student to participate in our Remote Learning option don’t need to take any action aside from the enrollment process.
We are also excited to announce and implement empowerOKCPS, the 1:1 initiative that will put a learning device in the hands of every OKCPS student. Details regarding device deployment and the orientation available to families and students will be released soon.
We encourage our families to enroll online. Please visit www.okcps.org/BacktoSchool to learn more about the two learning options, to find instructions for enrolling online and other back to school information. Families can watch a video tutorial here: Accessing Parent Portal.
If you know a family new to OKCPS or a family interested in transferring into OKCPS, please share the information below with them.
New families, who live within the OKCPS boundaries, should complete the Online Registration form for their student(s) by going to www.okcps.org/enroll2020. Families can watch a video tutorial here: Online Registration (OLR).
New families who live outside the district boundaries may request a transfer to OKCPS to enroll in our e3 Online Learning option ONLY. OKCPS isn’t accepting transfers for our current traditional / remote learning option. Transfer Request (e3 Online Learning ONLY)
Thank you for your continued support of OKCPS! We will provide additional “Back To School” information as it becomes available.
Stay well everyone.
Dr. Sean McDaniel
Superintendent of Schools