Career academies increase the engagement of high school students and provide a way for those beyond the walls of the school to enhance students’ educational experiences. National Academy Foundation (NAF) academies succeed with the investment of schools, students, businesses, and community leaders who believe young people deserve a high return on their education. OKCPS chose involvement with a NAF academy because we:
- Care about the quality of education and opportunities available to young people;
- Seek a meaningful connection with future generations of professionals; and
- Recognize that a high school diploma is not enough to assure a young person’s success in college or in the workplace.
Schools, communities, and businesses can do more to help young people excel. All reap the rewards that come with fidelity to the Career Academy National Standards of Practice and the NAF model.
- Increase enrollment in career academies by 20% every year.
- Increase graduation rate within 4 years to 90%.
- Increase attendance rate to 95%.
- Encourage students of the academy to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Provide opportunities for students to take advanced coursework: AP & Concurrent Enrollment.
- Provide clear transitions to high school & to post-secondary training opportunities.