Request for Material Distribution
Agencies or organizations requesting to distribute flyers and other publications to Oklahoma City Public Schools (OKCPS) students or staff must have permission for distribution from the Communications and Community Relations Office. A request form must be completed for each flyer the agency or organization wishes to distribute.
Steps to submitting a Request for Material Distribution:
1. Complete the Request for Material Distribution form and submit a sample of the flyer/publication to be distributed to Communications.
2. OKCPS reviews submissions once a week. Please note: Materials will not be accepted or approved for distribution during the first and last week of school or during testing.
3. If approved, the agency/organization will be contacted via email with instructions for distribution. If denied, the agency/organization will be notified via email.
4. Each agency/organization will be responsible for the printing/copying, bundling, and drop-off of the flyers/publications to the schools selected. A copy of the approval letter must accompany each delivery. Oklahoma City Public Schools will not deliver your materials to schools through its mail or email systems.
Each flyer/publication must include the following disclaimer in at least 10-point font size on the first page:
“These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Oklahoma City Public Schools, its agents or employees. The views and information contained in these materials do not reflect the approval or disapproval of the Board of Education or school administration.”
Requests submitted without this disclaimer on the flyer/publication will be automatically denied.
Guidelines for Approval
OKCPS will consider approval of distribution request based on the following criteria:
- Materials must support the district's community-wide goals as listed in The Great Commitment.
- The requesting agency/organization or event must be non-profit or affordable for families.
- Only free or affordable activities and/or services will be considered and flyers/publications should state any cost or fees associated to participate.
- Flyers/publications must be non-partisan and secular in nature.
- Flyers/publications must contain information stating who is sponsoring the event and include contact information as a resource for parents.
OKCPS will NOT approve the distribution request if the materials:
- Interfere with the district's community-wide goals as listed in The Great Commitment.
- Relate to a product or service not permitted to minors by law or is obscene.
- Advocate violence or other illegal activity.