Welcome to Communications!
Responsibilities of Communications include:
- Strategy & development of district-wide and school-based public relations campaigns.
- Internal and external communication including parent letters, phone and text messages, staff memos and community newsletters.
- Crisis Communication counsel development and execution for all school sites, and departments.
- Open Record Requests from vendors, parents, elected officials, government agencies, employees, other school districts, and those wanting to conduct business with or within the district.
- Coordinating media requests from local, state, national and international English and Spanish media outlets.
- Implementation and strategy for social media and new media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and the district website.
- District-wide printing/copying services for all departments & school sites.
- Assist in the planning and execution of district-level event planning.
- Provide graphics design services to departments and schools as needed. Create, design district-wide deliverables.
- Take photos of district-wide events to support marketing and promotional strategies.
Our Mission & Vision
Vision: To be the most valuable partner to our stakeholders.
Mission: Our mission is to provide students, families, staff and the community with information, resources and tools that will create awareness and build confidence in OKCPS.