Translation/Interpretation Services

  • Parents have the right to translation and interpretation from an individual who has been certified as bilingual.

    Bilingual Skills Certification

    OKCPS has a Bilingual Skills Test, which all incoming bilingual paraprofessionals must take and pass before being hired. Any staff member in the building may also take the training and exam to become a certified translator and/or interpreter. 

    • Certified translator - can translate documents
    • Certified interpreter - can provide verbal translation

    IEP/504 Translations

    IEP/504 translations may be requested through the Special Services department/website.

    School Document Translations

    Please request site-level translations from OKCPS-certified bilingual translators at your site.  

    Can I just put it into Google Translate?

    Unfortunately, language is not so simple that it can be accurately translated via computer. Please don't translate more than a single word or phrase via online tools.