Degrees and Certifications:

  • How Do I Retire?

     We know that you have dedicated countless hours to improving outcomes for our students, and we value every minute you have committed to Oklahoma City Public Schools. When it comes time for retirement, we're here to support you and make the transition as smooth as possible.

     The first step to retirement is to contact Oklahoma Teacher Retirement system at least six months before your date of retirement. You can call Oklahoma Teacher Retirement System at 405-521-2387 or toll-free at 1-877-738-6365.  





     Can I keep my insurance after separating from the District?

     You will need to contact the Employee Group Insurance Department (EGID) to continue your insurance after separating from the district by calling 405-717-8780 or toll-free at 1-800-752-9475 Option 1.  You have thirty (30) days from your retirement date to enroll in insurance. You can find information about insurance after separating from the district by viewing their website.  Click here: EGID

     Depending on your circumstance, there are several ways to keep your insurance when you separate from the district:

     Paying Monthly Premiums During Retirement - If you have worked for Oklahoma City Public Schools for 10 years or more, your current insurance may be available to you after separating from the district through the state of Oklahoma.



    • COBRA - allows most employees to maintain group health insurance and take over paying their own premiums after a separation. Please contact benefits.