FAQ for Staff - April 26th
Q: What does this date change mean for staff?
- Staff will still be working the total number of days based on their schedule/contract.
Example for Teachers:
Days Worked Pre-Teacher Walkout = 137
April 2nd – 5th = 4 Union Leave Days
35 Days X 8 Hour Days = 280 Hours/7 Hour Teacher Contract
(April 16 – June 4th)
Total Contract Days (Last Teacher Contract Day – June 4th)
Q: When is the last day of school for staff?
Last Day of Contract
(Bus Driver, Bus Assistant, Security Specialist)
(Teachers, Elementary Counselors, Native American Advisor, Parent Liaison, Teaching Assistants, Nurses,
Occupational & Physical Therapist, Social Workers, Speech Pathologist)
(Administrative Interns, ELL Instructional Facilitator)
(Child Development Tech, Parent As Teachers, Elementary Clerk)
(Attendance Clerk, Finance Clerk, Secondary Clerk, MS Registrar, CNS Special Center)
Library Media Specialist
(Elementary Principal, Elementary Assistant Principal, Middle School Assistant Principal)
(Elementary Principal’s Secretary)
(Middle School Principal, High School Assistant Principal)
(Middle School Principal’s Secretary)
Q: How many days worth of Snow Day Credit can staff accumulate?
SNOW DAYS - Teacher Earned Credit (CBA, Article VIII, Section 5)
Teachers may earn up to three (3) days of credit per contract year, that may be used in lieu of working or using employee leave time including unpaid leave when it is determined that the district must schedule non-instructional weather make-up days at the end of the school year to fulfill the employee’s contracted work schedule. (The credit days shall not be carried over to future fiscal years.)
Only participation in the following events qualify:
- Up to two (2) days may be earned by attending and participating in any of the following events which are valued at a half day credit: Open House, Parent Nights (i.e., any events at which parents are encouraged to attend and participate in the event, such as literacy nights, math nights, science nights, etc.), Academic Events, Secondary Graduation (the teacher must participate in the ceremony to earn credit), and School Fine Arts Performances.
- Up to one (1) day may be earned by participating in a professional development previously identified by the District as approved for earned Snow Day credit.
- All eligible events are worth a half day credit, unless the event involves a full day. (for example, the Junior BotBall Challenge was a full-day event)
- Credit is NOT earned if the teacher receives a stipend for the event.
Q: Which staff members are eligible for Snow Day Credit?
- All staff who are included in the AFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Q: How should staff submit their Snow Day Credit for approval?
Process & Documentation: Documentation of attendance at approved school events must be submitted by the teacher, approved by the principal and retained by the school. Documentation must include:
- Teacher professional development requests must be submitted for approval prior to the event by submitting to the principal documentation of relevance to job role and alignment with school goals. Principal submits electronic request, including all relevant information about the professional development to the PK-12 Academics Office (@Curriculum Services). At least ONE WEEK should be allowed for review and approval.
- ALL professional development offered by the Oklahoma State Department of Education and/or OKCPS (Professional Development, Curriculum, Library Media Services, Fine Arts, PE, ETS, Language & Cultural Services, Special Education, School Support Services) may be considered automatically approved if stipends are not paid.
o One FORM shall be used to document school events and one FORM shall be used to document professional development at each school.
o The teacher name, employee ID number, date(s) of event, event title and the credit amount earned. Any event agenda’s or programs shall be attached.
o Annually, a spreadsheet of all teachers earned credit must be signed by principal and submitted by May 14, 2018, to the ILD.
o ILD reviews and submits the approved spreadsheet to HR by May 21, 2018.
Type of Credit
What Is Acceptable?
Who To Contact?
Graduation Participation (Secondary)
Previously Approved PD (Academics)
Julie James firstname.lastname@example.org
Spreadsheet Submitted by May 15 by Principal for ALL Teachers in School – ILD then HR