The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools and DonorsChoose.org,
working together to support OKCPS teachers and students.
The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools has partnered with DonorsChoose.org, a 21st Century approach to connecting donors to directly support local classrooms.
Through DonorsChoose.org, teachers are empowered to fund supplies and grants for the classroom and beyond. Once funding is achieved, requested materials will be shipped directly to teachers, removing the hassle of traveling back and forth to our Teachers' Warehouse.
The Foundation encourages teachers to visit DonorsChoose.org, register and create project pages to meet classroom needs. Donors are encouraged to visit the website and explore exciting projects happening in Oklahoma City Public Schools.
The Foundation provides matching funds for projects meeting the following criteria:
- Project must be posted by an OKCPS teacher
- Total project cost including tax, labor fees and donation to DonorsChoose.org must be less than $1,000
- Limit two projects a year per teacher
You can learn more about DonorsChoose.org with this detailed guide.
OKCPS teachers creating new DonorsChoose.org projects will receive a special KICKSTART donation from the Foundation.
- Each teacher has the opportunity to receive a $250 donation to their first project during the 2017-2018 school year.
- The $250 KICKSTART donation can be applied to any project, no matter the cost, materials requested, or subject area.
- DonorsChoose.org staff will apply the KICKSTART donation to your project within one week.
- After the KICKSTART donation, your project will be seen by citizen donors across the country and have the opportunity to receive further donations over the next four months!
- Projects costing $800 or less get fully funded 75% of the time.
- Teachers’ projects might also be eligible for additional funding through other DonorsChoose.org corporate and foundation partners, like SONIC Drive-In, DICK’S Sporting Goods, Google, and Tom’s of Maine.
- Teachers should register at donorschoose.org/teachers and submit their projects.
Contact Alta Price at 405-604-5977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.