Charter School Board Policies
Click title to read full policy.
The Board of Education for the Oklahoma City Public School District believes that providing students and families with a variety of education choices, representing a range of high quality instructional methodologies, is an important District goal. To accomplish this goal, the District strives to provide flexibility of programs that facilitate students achieving their academic and personal potential.
The Board of Education for the Oklahoma City Public School District recognizes that it is the intent of public charter legislation to create different, innovative, and more flexible ways of educating students within the public school system. In accordance with the provisions of 70 O.S. 3-130, the Oklahoma City Public School District may elect to sponsor charter schools which seek to accomplish one, or more, of the following goals:
- Improve Student learning;
- Increase learning opportunities for students;
- Encourage the use of different and innovative teaching methods;
- Provide additional academic choices for parents and students;
- Require the measurement of student learning and create different and innovative forms of measuring student learning;
- Establish new forms of accountability for students, teachers and administrators; and,
- Create new professional opportunities for teachers and administrators including the opportunity to be responsible for the learning program at the school site.
Click title to read full regulation.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Charter Schools Act (the Act), the district will sponsor charter schools in the manner set forth in this policy and in the Act. Any persons or entities desiring to apply for a charter school contract with the district shall submit an application in a form prescribed by the administration of the school district. Such application shall contain all information and documentation required by the Act and by the District. In conjunction with the submission of an application, the applicant shall also submit a proposed charter for the charter school, which shall contain all provisions and documentation required by the Act and by the District.