The Oklahoma City Public Schools Board of Education adopted an invigorated, new District Wellness Policy in June, 2013. The members of this board are committed to creating a healthy school environment that enhances the development of lifelong wellness practices to promote healthy eating and physical activity that support student achievement. It is the policy of the board to:
- Provide all students access to nutritious food and safe drinking water.
- Provide all students in grades Pre K-12 with opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active with developmentally appropriate exercise on a regular basis.
- Adopt the Coordinated School Health Framework as a strategy to create a “culture of health and wellness” encouraging healthy eating habits and healthy, active lifestyles throughout the school environment.
- Promote and support employee wellness.
- Provide accurate information related to these topics.