Our mission is to create a healthy school environment that enhances the development of life-long wellness practices to promote healthy eating and physical activity that support student achievement.
- Advocate for all Oklahoma City Public Schools to increase physical activity throughout the school day.
- Support physical education classes where students are moderate to vigorously active during at least 50% of class time (MVPA)
- Ensure each physical educator has a sequential, developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Adopt a valid and reliable assessment tool to measure and track student fitness
- Provide resources that help integrate movement in the regular classroom
- Promote 20 minutes of daily recess in every elementary school