Oklahoma City Public Schools Project SEARCH at INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
Project SEARCH is a high school internship program for Senior students with disabilities.
Project SEARCH provides real-life work experience combined with training in employability and independent living skills to help youth make a successful transition from school to productive adult life. Each intern will participate in three job rotations in different departments at Integris Southwest Medical Center. This is a year long program, following the Oklahoma City Public Schools calendar.
Dates to Remember:
- Applications are due by February 26, 2021
- Interviews held at Westwood Student Support Services
1701 Exchange Ave, Okc, OK March 8-11, 2021
- Participant selection completed March 26, 2021
- Letter sent to interns families March 26,2021
- State ID and up to date vaccinations May 2021
The program involves an extensive period of training and career exploration, long term job coaching and continuous feedback from the teacher, job coach,and mentors at Integris. The ultimate goal for each intern is to be placed in a job at a business site in the community.
Eligibility -- Each intern must:
- Have a current IEP
- Have completed all credits needed for graduation
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be eligible for services from Dept of Rehabilitation Services
- Have independent daily living skills
- Maintain appropriate behavior and social skills in the work place
- Be able to take direction from supervisor and mentor
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Have previous work experience (including school, volunteer and/or paid)
- Use public transportation when available to ensure success in accessing transportation independently
- Be able to pass drug/alcohol screens, background checks and have immunization up to date
- Have the desire and plan to work competitively in the community at the conclusion of the Project Search Program.
Frequently Asked Questions about Project SEARCH: https://docs.google.com/
document/d/1_GMgmHZUaxFZnT- KNK5C7qM_Du4pqDDVJdhKI_mtb9I/ edit
Application for Project SEARCH: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSeGfGv10lhbm9vY3tCPmfjg DXWranaAtAHeSUCUTiBgId--Lw/ viewform
Project SEARCH Informational Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
For more information, contact:
Mary Crook email@example.com
Jeff Newton firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelley Conallis email@example.com
Kennda Miller firstname.lastname@example.org