When is the application window open?
- The application window is open from December 17, 2021 to February 25, 2022.
What are application schools?
- As part of its goal to provide diverse educational opportunities to OKCPS families, the Board has established several schools that have selective admission requirements. Students wishing to attend one of these schools must complete an application.
- The Pathway To Greatness Plan allowed OKCPS to expand the number of seats available for our very successful programs at Classen SAS, Southeast and Belle Isle Enterprise.
Which schools are application schools?
- Grades 5-8 | Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School, Classen School of Advanced Studies Middle School and Southeast Middle School
- Grades 9-12 | Classen School of Advanced Studies High School at Northeast and Southeast High School
Who can apply?
- Any student currently in 4th - 11th grade can apply to one of our application schools.
Can students outside of OKCPS apply?
- Yes, students who currently attend school in another district are eligible to apply. However, priority is given to students who live within the OKCPS boundaries.
What are the admissions criteria for application schools?
- OKCPS Application Schools review a variety of criteria when considering prospective students. These criteria include, but are not limited to: class grades, state and local assessments, attendance and character.
- Successful behaviors of application school scholars include high academic expectations, diligence, punctuality, confidence, responsibility, and being a team player.
- Admission requirements at each school may vary slightly. If you are interested in applying for one or more of our 3 application middle schools or 2 application high schools, please click the respective school’s link below for additional information and to apply.
When will we know if our child was accepted?
- Letters of acceptance will go out the week of March 11, 2022.
- Notification will also be sent the week of March 11, 2022 for student’s whose applications were not accepted.
- Students who are accepted will be asked to complete a notification of intent to attend no later than March 25, 2022. Acceptance letters will include these details.
Do current OKCPS students get accepted before out of district students?
- Current OKCPS students and students who live within the OKCPS boundary that meet the campus application acceptance criteria will have priority over students who apply who live outside the district boundaries that meet the same criteria.
How do I apply?
There are three ways to apply.
- Complete the application and email it to the school of choice.
- Download the application and turn it into the school in-person or mail it through the USPS.
- Make an appointment with the school to complete the application with assistance.
- Visit www.okcps.org/applicationschools to apply.
If my child is in an application school already and wants to go to another application school, do they need to reapply? Or can they automatically be moved?
- Students would need to apply to each school and go through the selection process. However, 8th graders at Classen SAS Middle School and Southeast Middle School automatically get promoted to 9th grade at their respective schools.
If a student lives on the north side can they go to application school on the south side?
- Yes, transportation is provided to students who live within the OKCPS boundaries. Transportation is available in three zones. North Zone: Belle Isle Enterprise - North boundary of district to N 50th street. Central Zone: Classen SAS Middle School and Classen SAS High School at Northeast - N 50th Street to Reno Ave. South Zone: Southeast Middle School and Southeast High School - Reno Ave to the south boundary of the district.
My child attends an application school now, do I need to apply again?
- If your child already attends an application school and they wish to stay there, families do not need to apply. Once students have been accepted they can stay for the duration of the grades offered at the school. Additionally, if a student attends Classen SAS Middle School or Southeast Middle School they do not need to apply in order to be promoted from middle school to high school.
Do these schools cost money like private schools?
- There is no cost to attend an application school. Just like all OKCPS schools, there is no tuition and students can attend for free.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Email Us! At firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the school you are interested in and they can answer any questions you have specific to their school or questions you may have about the application process.
- Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School - (405) 587-6600
- Classen SAS Middle School - (405) 587-5200
- Southeast Middle School - (405) 587-6750
- Classen SAS High School at Northeast - (405) 587-5400
- Southeast High School - (405) 587-9600