OKCPS Families & Staff,
Detailed Timeline for our Return to Campus Plan
January 4, 2021
- Begin the second semester utilizing the Remote Learning model for all students
- Teachers to Return to Campus to teach from their classroom
- Secondary extracurricular activities will continue
- The 90 minute extra-curricular block will be allowed for MS and HS during Remote Learning at principal’s discretion
- Children in Workplace Program resumes for children of employees who are OKCPS students
- Routes To Resources (R2R) program resumes
- OKCPS Curbside Meal Service resumes at all school sites
January 19, 2021
- Students in grades PK-4th will Return to Campus for in-person learning in A/B setting for the remainder of the month of January.
- Additional small groups of students will return to campus for in-person learning:
- SPED Self-Contained Classrooms (4 days a week; Monday is remote; Tuesday-Friday is in-person)
- Alternative Education Students (Putnam Heights, Emerson North & Emerson South) will transition to the A/B setting
- Students in our HOPE program will transition to the A/B setting
- Children in Workplace Program will continue for children of employees
- Students in grades 5th-12th will continue with Remote Learning.
February 1, 2021
- Consider bringing students in grades 5th - 12th back for in-person learning in A/B Setting
Oklahoma City Public Schools is using Canvas, a modern and innovative learning management system to support traditional, blended, and virtual learning!
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to provide instructional support, class calendars, assignments, and resources for students in a safe online environment.
Oklahoma City Public Schools hopes this resource will provide you with specific information about your student’s curricula, so you have a better understanding of the work teachers and students are doing.
Contact / Support
(405) 587-STUDY (8839)
OKCPS Academic Support
(405) 587-HELP (4357)
OKCPS Technical Support
(405) 587-FEEL (3335)
OKCPS Emotional Support
and Crisis Intervention
Employee Assistance Program
OKCPS Emotional support, legal and financial guidance and more
Visit the OKCPS EAP page to learn more
OKC Community Resources
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
for 24/7 support