Effective July 1, 2007, this agreement is entered into by and between Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School, (“Enterprise School”), Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School, Inc., an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation, (“BIEMS, Inc.”), and the undersigned Student (“Student”) and his/her parents or guardians (“Parent” or “Parents”) concerning enrollment in the Enterprise School for the 2007-2008 school year.
WHEREAS, the Enterprise School is an enterprise school administered by BIEMS, INC. pursuant to a contract with the Oklahoma City Public School District (the “District”) pursuant to the District’s Enterprise School Policy;
WHEREAS, the Enterprise School is committed to providing a quality education to all of its students in accordance with its Mission and Value Statement as further explained in the Application dated October 7, 1997 for creation and operation of an enterprise school (all documents filed with the District related to administration of the Enterprise School are referred to collectively as “Application” as such term is defined in the contract between District and BIEMS, Inc.);
WHEREAS, Student voluntarily chooses to apply to attend the Enterprise School instead of Student’s assigned neighborhood middle school, has reviewed the Mission and Value Statements of the Enterprise School, believes that he/she would benefit from attending the Enterprise School and is committed to using his/her best efforts to achieve excellence in education;
WHEREAS, Parents voluntarily chose to have Student apply to attend the Enterprise School instead of Student’s assigned neighborhood middle school, have reviewed the Mission and Value Statements of the Enterprise School as well as had the opportunity to review the Application and are committed to assisting the Student in obtaining excellence in education;
WHEREAS, BIEMS, Inc. is a membership corporation for which the business and affairs are managed by its Board of Directors for the purposes stated in the Bylaws and in which Parents may choose to obtain an annual membership in BIEMS, Inc. for $10.00 (for individual, household or entity) which entitles them to all the rights and privileges of a member in BIEMS, Inc. while nonpayment of annual dues does not preclude enrollment of Student; and
WHEREAS, execution of this Agreement by Student and Parent is a condition to Student’s enrollment in Enterprise School;
IT IS THEREFORE agreed between the parties as follows:
1. Enterprise School agrees to provide Student with the opportunity to obtain an excellent middle school education based on the principles outlined in its Mission and Value Statements. Enterprise School will use its best efforts through its administrators, teachers and assistants to assist Student in pursuing and achieving academic excellence.
2. Student agrees to use his or her best efforts to obtain a quality education from the Enterprise School. The Student agrees to abide by the policies, rules and regulations adopted and as may be adopted for the school. Student agrees to cooperate with the administrators, teachers and fellow students of the Enterprise School. Student recognizes and agrees that he or she is an important part of the educational process of the Enterprise School and it is incumbent upon Student to use his or her best efforts to learn and foster a positive educational environment for all students. Student also recognizes that in order to foster a positive educational environment, Student must be willing at all times to participate appropriately in the educational opportunities offered by Enterprise School.
3. Parents agree to participate in Student’s education with their support and time including responding to communications by letter or phone from Enterprise School. Parents agree to abide by such policies, rules and regulations adopted and as may be adopted for the school.
4. Both Student and Parents acknowledge that they have been provided with copies of and have read all policies and procedures of Enterprise School including the Honor Code, the Academic and Behavior Policy, the Discipline Policy, Grading Policy, and the Uniform Policy.
5. Upon receipt of the voluntary payment of $10.00 for the 2007-2008 annual dues of BIEMS, Inc., Parents shall be listed as members of BIEMS, Inc. and shall be entitled to all rights, benefits and privileges of a member as set for in the Bylaws of the corporation.