School Social Worker
School Social Workers bring unique knowledge and skills to the school system and the student services team. School Social Workers are trained mental health professionals who can assist with mental health concerns, behavioral concerns, positive behavioral support, academic, and classroom support, consultation with teachers, parents, and administrators as well as provide individual and group counseling/therapy.
Student Support Services has 13 talented Social Workers who assist building staff, students and families. Services they provide:
SERVICES TO STUDENTS:
- Providing crisis intervention.
- Developing positive intervention strategies to increase academic success.
- Assisting with conflict resolution and anger management.
- Helping the child develop appropriate social interaction skills.
- Assisting the child in understanding and accepting self and others.
- Working with those problems in a child's living situation that affect the child’s adjustment in school. (home, school, and community)
- Counseling (group, individual and/or family)
- Mobilizing family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her educational program
SERVICES TO PARENT/FAMILIES:
- Working with parents to facilitate their support in their children's school adjustment.
- Alleviating family stress to enable the child to function more effectively in school &community.
- Assisting parents to access programs available to students with special needs.
- Assisting parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources.
If you need to contact a School Social Worker, please call 405-587-6500.