- The Chi Zeta Chapter Charter Member Scholarship
Given to provide assistance to a student interested in continuing their education beyond high school. This may cover Community College, trade school, College or University tuition, and other fees, as the committee may deem appropriate. Five awards of $1000 each shall be given; a past recipient may NOT apply for renewal. Funds will only be paid after High School completion and program acceptance.
• Must be a student at an Oklahoma Public or Charter School.
• In the 12th grade and graduating in May or June of the award year.
• Enrolling as a full-time student in a Community College, trade school, College or University in the fall of the same year.
• Must possess a good scholarly average.
• Able to show a history of Community Service over the last 4 years
. • Able to show acceptance to a program for which the funds are needed.
• Able to show a financial need (but not required for consideration).
• Must answer the following question with an essay not to exceed 500 words. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. was founded in 1920 based on four principles: Scholarship, Service, Sisterhood, and Finer Womanhood. Please select one founding principle and discuss its importance nearly 100 years later.
The Lola B. Greer Scholarship
Given in recognition of scholastic achievement in math. Two awards shall be given of $250 each; a past recipient may apply for renewal.
• Must be a student at an Oklahoma City Public or Charter School.
• Currently in grades 11th or 12th grade and graduating in May or June of the award year
• Able to show a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and an average grade of –A (3.6) or higher in math courses.
• No essay is required
*Please make the school community aware of these opportunities. Applications are due no later than January 16, 2020 and selections will be made shortly afterwards. Some awards do require an essay and all student awards require a parent/guardian signature. The scholarship acknowledgment of the award will be made on March 28, 2020.
Please have interested students complete the enclosed application and return it to PO Box 54498 Oklahoma City OK 73154. All materials MUST be received by January 16, 2020