The mission of the library media program is to help students develop into lifelong learners. This mission is accomplished by providing opportunities for learning that instill a love of reading, promote the use of technology, and develop the ability to find, evaluate, and use information.
Remember the DATABASES!
OKCPS provides these databases for your research and information needs. Please use them! Always begin with Destiny! It is our library catalog. Destiny includes all our library books, WebPath Express, videos and online resources. Destiny Digital Library
Click on the name of your school: Southeast High School.
1. Destiny Library Manager / Click on the Catalog tab
Each student and teacher has a unique username and password. Use your Google Single Sign On
Destiny is OKCPS’s library media center collections. Find and borrow books & other materials from your school library and all other OKCPS libraries!
2. Destiny WebPath Express / Click on the Catalog tab / Click on WebPath Express
Use your Google Single Sign On username and password.
Destiny WebPath Express is a database of over 73,000, curriculum related Web sites, hand-picked by educators, verified for accuracy and objectivity, and tagged with a grade level range.
3. World Book Online/Click on the Home tab, then on World Book Online link.
Ask school librarian for username and password.
World Book Online is praised for appropriateness at all grade levels.
The World Book Web is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.
World Book Student / World book Advanced / World Book Kids
4. TeachingBooks.net Click on the Home tab, then on the TeachingBooks.net link.
Teachers sign up for account using your Google Single Sign On.
TeachingBooks.net is an online collection of K-12 multimedia author and book resources.
Author Programs / Book Guides / Book Readings / Thematic Booklists / Book Awards
You will love this collection and so will your students and parents. Use it today!
5. Discovery Education streaming Click on the Home tab, then on the Discover Education link.
Each teacher has a unique username and password. Use your Google SSO.
Discovery Education streaming has 5,000 full-length videos segmented into 41,000 content-specific clips tied directly to state and national standards. You can create assignments to watch video segments for your classes.
6. EBSCO: Click on the Home tab, then on the EBSCO link.
Full-text articles and searchable databases for K-12
Google Single Sign On for Username and Password.
8. The Oklahoman Archives: FREE Access to Oklahoman Archives at school only.
9. GVRL: Free access to electronic nonfiction reference books.