12/7/2020 OKCPS Board Approves Changes to Instructional Calendar
OKCPS Families and Staff,
Tonight, we asked our OKCPS Board of Education to consider a district calendar change to address the instructional time we lost during our recent winter storm.
In order to wrap our school year up before the end of May 2021, I recommended that OKCPS adjust our plan to make up the days missed due to the ice storm through a combination of additional days and minutes.
The Board approved the following changes:
- February 15th & May 26th will be added to the calendar as instructional days
- February 15th was previously scheduled as a non-instructional day and is also Presidents’ Day
- May 26th is an additional day after the originally scheduled last day of school on May 25th
- 10 minutes will also be added to the school day for all students starting January 4, 2021. (5 minutes at the start of the day and 5 minutes at the end of the day)
- Elementary | 8:15 am - 3:15 pm
- Middle School | 9:05 am - 4:05 pm
- High School | 7:30 am - 2:30 pm (Classen SAS HS at NE follows Elementary schedule)
- Pre-K Sites | 7:55 am - 2:55 pm
- Willow Brook Elementary | 8:15 am - 3:15 pm
- Spencer Elementary | 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Rogers Elementary | 8:45 am - 3:45 pm
- Star Spencer Mid-High | 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Alternative Education Sites (Emerson North, Emerson South and Putnam Heights) | Students should check with their teacher or administrator regarding any changes to school hours.
- School hours beginning January 4, 2021 are as follows:
May 27th and May 28th have also been designated as inclement weather days if additional instructional make up days are needed for the 2020-2021 school year. This designation would eliminate the need for us to come back to the Board to request an additional calendar change if we do, in fact, have to cancel classes again.