About Eugene Field

  • School Hours
    8:20 am - 3:10 pm

    Principal
    Paige Bressman

    Assistant Principal
    Tracy Coleman

    Serves students in grades Kindergarten through 5th.

    School Mascot: Deer

    Established in 1984

    School Named for: Poet and Writer Eugene Field

    What's In a Name
    Eugene Field was born in St. Louis, Missouri on September 2, 1850. Field attended Williams College in Massachusetts for two years before transferring to the University of Missouri.
    In 1873, he married Julia Sutherland Comstock. Field worked throughout his life as a journalist and columnist, and he published numerous books of poetry. Two of his most famous poems are “Wynken, Blynken and Nod” and “Little Boy Blue.” He died on November 4,1895.

    Other School Facts

    • Located in Board District 4
    • US Congressional District 5
    • State Senate District 46
    • State House District 88
    • County Commissioner District 1
    • City County Ward OKC 6