TEAM Campaign February 1st - February 28th
Please save the date for our
TEAM Campaign Kickoff!
On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 4:30pm, we encourage you to come learn more about the TEAM Campaign and pick up your TEAM Captain materials! The Kickoff event will be held at Northwest Classen Highschool. We have a special GIFT for you along with some other great incentives this year! TEAM Captains, this is definitely an event that you will not want to miss!
What is the TEAM Campaign?
TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More)
- District employee giving campaign.
- Only work-place giving campaign that returns 100% of funds raised back to Oklahoma City Public School teachers.
- TEAM Campaign funds go directly back to DonorsChoose projects for OKCPS teachers.
- Campaign runs from February 1-28, 2019.
- Our TEAM goal is to raise $80,000, to funnel back to OKCPS teachers
- We will do a drawing every Friday of the people who have turned in donations or pledges during that week and the winner will receive a wonderful prize!
Where Does the Money Go?
Every dollar raised through the TEAM campaign goes DIRECTLY to the teachers and students of OKCPS through the Foundation's partnership with DonorsChoose.org. Since the partnership launched in mid-November 2014, over 2300 OKCPS projects have been funded. Think about this! If every employee in the Central Office donated $3 per pay period, that would raise more than $27,000!
Sample DonorsChoose.org Projects:
What is DonorsChoose.org?
- Online fundraising aid for teachers that directly links them to donors worldwide.
- Teachers post requests for supplies and field trips.
- Materials are shipped directly to teachers once project is funded.
OKCPS teachers creating new DonorsChoose.org projects will receive a special KICKSTART donation from the Foundation.
- Each teacher has the opportunity to receive a $250 donation to their first project during the 2019-2020 school year.
- The $250 KICKSTART donation can be applied to any project, no matter the cost, materials requested, or subject area.
- DonorsChoose.org staff will apply the KICKSTART donation to your project within one week.
- After the KICKSTART donation, your project will be seen by citizen donors across the country and have the opportunity to receive further donations over the next four months!
- Projects costing $800 or less get fully funded 75% of the time.
- Teachers’ projects might also be eligible for additional funding through other DonorsChoose.org corporate and foundation partners, like SONIC Drive-In, DICK’S Sporting Goods, Google, and Tom’s of Maine.
- Teachers should register at donorschoose.org/teachers and submit their projects.