Certified Employees' Chidren

  • State law and board policy allow a child of a parent/legal guardian employed as a certified teacher* in a district to transfer into that district. 
  • Teachers* living within and outside the Oklahoma City Public Schools attendance area will need to complete a transfer request. 

*“Teacher” means any person who is employed to serve as district superintendent, principal, supervisor, a counselor, librarian, school nurse or classroom teacher or in any other instructional, supervisory or administrative capacity.  The person shall not be deemed qualified unless the person holds a valid certificate issued by and in accordance with the rules of the State Board of Education or the rules of the State Board of Career and Technology Education, to perform the particular services for which the person is employed.