ReadOKC is an initiative to promote the love of reading for the students of OKCPS and in our community. As the ReadOKC initiative moves into its second year, we are pleased to offer reading challenges during the summer, fall, winter, and spring breaks to encourage students to stay engaged with reading even when they aren't at school.
We envision a community engaged in reading from the beginning of school through adulthood.
Primary Goals of ReadOKC:
- Organize reading challenges during school breaks, with a goal for every student to read 20 minutes per day.
- Recruit caring adults to participate as Reading Buddies.
- Improve access to reading materials for all of our children. (ReadOKC Little Free Libraries are part of this effort)
ReadOKC es una iniciativa para promover el amor por la lectura para los estudiantes de OKCPS y en nuestra comunidad. A medida que la iniciativa ReadOKC avanza a su segundo año, nos complace ofrecer desafíos de lectura durante los recesos de verano, otoño, invierno y primavera para motivar a los estudiantes a mantenerse comprometidos con la lectura incluso cuando no están en la escuela.
Nos imaginamos una comunidad dedicada a la lectura desde el comienzo de la escuela hasta la edad.
How to Log Your Reading Minutes
NEW! Students can log their minutes online through Beanstack by logging into Clever (instructions below), OR by filling out the reading log for each challenge and returning it to their teacher.
- Visit www.okcps.org and choose ''Student Tools''
- On the left menu, click on ''Resources (Login)''
- Login to the Clever App with your school user name ID & password
- Student Username: email@example.com
- Password: X0student ID number (capital X; zero; ID number)