OKCPS students PreK - 12th grade will have two opportunities to engage in summer learning activities that will keep them connected to learning and have the opportunity for closing learning gaps. Please see options listed below.
Option 1 | Summer Learning Plans (Virtual)
Jump Into Canvas
- Students will be able to login to Canvas and complete activities, lessons and assignments during the summer. All learning will be on their own (asynchronously).
- Each week (for 6 weeks) beginning June 7th, modules for each grade level will be available through Canvas. Activities will take approximately 20 minutes each.
- OKCPS is offering incentives for students who completed modules in Canvas over the summer! So Jump In!
- No sign-up or registration required, simply login to Canvas and get started!
Jump Into Reading!
- Read OKC Summer Reading Challenge (May 27th - August 8th)
- Students are challenged to read for 20 minutes a day all summer!
- There will be prizes awarded for the top readers and the top school.
- No sign-up or registration required, simply log your minutes and turn them in at the end of the summer.
Option 2 | Enrichment (In-Person & Virtual)
Enrichment opportunities will happen in two 3-week sessions.
- June 7th - 25th
- July 6th - 23rd
Elementary (PK-4) students can attend in-person enrichment at Britton Elementary. Secondary (5-12) students can attend in-person enrichment at US Grant High School. Learn more and sign up here!
Secondary (5-12) students can also participate in summer athletics clinics. Learn more and sign up here!
Additionally, several organizations across Oklahoma City are also offering summer learning and activities for students. Learn more here.
Questions? Contact PK-12 Schools Office at (405) 587-0049.