Each year hundreds of volunteers share their time and energy to enhance educational opportunities, contributing thousands of hours of service and support for our schools! Volunteers support staff and students by taking an active role in helping every student achieve success. By contributing your time and talent you help inspire students to learn, dream, hope, and become leaders. Become an OKCPS Volunteer today!
We believe in maintaining an adequate level of safety and security in all schools and sites of the Oklahoma City Public School district, so at the start of every school year, volunteers are asked to submit a new Volunteer Application OR Community Partner Volunteer Group Form. In order to protect applicant identity, paper applications are no longer provided nor processed by the district. In addition, volunteers must also successfully pass a background check in compliance with the OKCPS Board of Education Volunteer Services and Background Search of Volunteers policies.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The following changes have been proposed to the OKCPS Board of Education for the Volunteer Service Board Policy. The Board is scheduled to vote on proposed changes to the policy on July 24, 2017 at 5:30pm.
Steps to Become a Volunteer with OKCPS
- Complete and submit Volunteer Application
- Allow 5 business days for processing
- Receive approval (or denial) via email
- If approved, start volunteering! If you are not sure where to begin, contact Community Relations – we can help connect you with volunteer opportunities!