Staff Welfare Notification Process
Below are the changes to our current Staff Welfare notification process as of January 3, 2022:
- Staff Welfare email notification to be sent to all district staff only when an active employee passes away.
- As they are assisting with other paperwork, our Benefits Team will get permission from the designated family member to share information about the employee’s passing and/or services with all district staff.
- If/when they have permission, the Benefits Team will then fill out the online form, which will come to the Communications Team.
- Communications will then send “Staff Welfare” email to all employees and HR Benefits will mail a condolence card to the family on behalf of the district.
- To facilitate this shift, the current “Staff Welfare” online form will be removed from our Staff Tools page and will only be made available to the Benefits Team.
- This process does not apply to contractors, guest teachers, etc.
- School site leaders have templates to support site-level communication, if appropriate, in the event of the death of a current staff member’s spouse, child, parent or sibling.
- “Tributes to #TeamOKCPS” group on OKCPS Workplace where employees can opt into to share/receive information related to special circumstances/needs/requests on behalf of current/past staff members or their families. You can join the group here: https://okcps.workplace.com/groups/706214404123289